Sunday, October 12, 2014

Newtown Food fair

So today was the Newtown Good Food fair and it was a gorgeous, warm day. We thought we were being tricky by getting there at 1130am (it opened at 11am) but we only got a few things before the queues were ridiculous. Ended up getting sushi on the way home!
However, what we did have was lovely and it was great to try stuff from places I haven't been to before. 

The Sausage surveys the scene

This is a sculpture by a local artist, Will Coles, he is one of our faves and he's quite subversive...

Polents chips with Blue Cheese sauce from Mary's

Fresh Sydney Rock oysters with apple ponzu dressing from Osteria Russo & Russo

The behemoth smoker from Mary's

Po'boys! Unfortunately the queue was too long for this one and I think that once you've had a NOLA po'boy, everything else just pales in comparison... 



Ham hock croquettes from Russo & Russo

Haloumi and watermelon salad


Babushka!



Piroshki from Izba








Robot dog, there are three of these in my area

Mak Mak macarons!

The Bacon, chocolate and raspberry macaron topped with pork floss from Mak Mak-DELISH!

One of the Animal's animals...

Fun in the sun


The Sausage with his new mate Wanda who was a dachshund/Staffordshire terrier cross....so cute!


My mother only allows me to take 'non-posed' shots of her...so she looks a bit strange...


Wanda

My darling Sausage, Gomez


11 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good! What was your favorite dish?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the bacon macaron followed closely by the haloumi salad...so tasty!

      Delete
    2. Oh yummy food Becky. I agree with Mel, it all looks delicious.

      Delete
    3. Thanks Swivel! What we had was fab...

      Delete
  2. Looks wonderful. I am now hungry. LOL.
    The Ukrainian in me just adores that Babuska lady on display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The macarons look fab too.
    Confession ... I just ate my very first one in NYC last week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Macarons are just about my fave thing eva, AJ!

      Delete
  4. I am not ashamed to admit I lingered viewing the oysters for an inordinately long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah they were good too Charlie, so Mr Mae says...I don't do molluscs...

      Delete
  5. Australian sausages! This food fair made it official, I am moving to Australia. I'll have to bring a Texas smoker down with me and show you what a real behemoth looks like! Now I want to eat everything in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG J, totes come with your smoker! I've seen way bigger ones too in Missouri. One day Mr Mae and I want to have an amazing fuck off outdoor kitchen and we want to import one of those suckers! We have a little smoker right now but it pales in comparison to these...

      Delete