Sunday, September 28, 2014

AFL Grand final day

Well, as we all know by now, my beloved Swannies suffered the BIGGEST loss in an AFL grand final EVAH! We was flogged, roasted and fried...oh well a decent day out was had by all at the Courthouse Hotel in Newtown. We even tolerated a larger than normal amount of Hawks fans!

The pub
My gals!

Some old jerseys...

Ed Sheeran and Tom Jones were the entertainment..Tom called them 'rugby players'...hmm  glad to know he was paid enough to give a shit about where he was! In fact, the lack of Aussie entertainment was a bit sad really...

Getting busier


They kinda limped though the poster...a sign of things to come..


Megsy and I 'pacing ourselves' after arriving at 1045am for a 1445pm kick off

We lost the coin toss too....oh well...

THEN WE GOT DRUNK! That's all she wrote...




6 comments:

  1. These pictures make me want to pack up and move to Oz. Looks like a lot of fun! I really enjoyed checking out all the people in the bar, did you see the man staring intensely at you in the left hand corner of the 7th picture down?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think he's looking at the telly J, I was standing on the ledge of the bar stool to get this pic and the TV is behind me! You should totes come to Oz! I'll show ya a good time ;)

      Delete
  2. LOL My favourite part was when I saw you guys showed up FOUR HOURS early. High five, that's awesome! !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaaaa I know, right? We is HARDCORE! There's a bigger Swans pub, the Alexandria, that is two suburbs away and there is a QUEUE at 9am for the doors opening at 10am!

      Delete
  3. My fave is the Jonathon Cheban-a-like in pic one...he looks like he's been on pingers all night and is now having a few cold ones to take the edge off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to comment on the brilliant early arrival as well, but I see that my spirit Canadian, TTM, beat me here!

    Looks like it was a great place to suffer your loss gracefully!

    ReplyDelete